A student shall have to conform to a high standard of discipline and conduct himself within and outside BHARAT INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY(BIET),Berhampur in a manner befitting the student of an institution of National importance. He shall have seriousness of purpose and shall, in every way train himself to lead a life of earnest endeavour and cooperation.
- BHARAT INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY(BIET),Berhampur wishes to instill virtues of cleanliness, cooperation, honesty, integrity and sense of responsibility among the students, inside the Institute as well as outside.
- If a student gets proven in a case of gross misconduct such as violence, riots or disorderly behaviour, fraud, misappropriation of funds, immoral conduct directed on a fellow student or faculty or staff of BHARAT INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY(BIET),Berhampur, He will be subject to immediate expulsion from the Institute.
- Use of tobacco & alcohol, chewing of betel leaves and chewing gums etc. are strictly prohibited within the premises of the Institute.
- Use of mobile phones in the Institution campus is banned.
- Students should respect and be courteous towards the members of the faculty as well as the employees of the Institute.
- The Institute maintains absolute discipline and student violating this are liable for severe penalty including expulsion.
- Students expelled on grounds of indiscipline will not be entitled to any certification or refund of fees and deposits.
- Ragging of any sort form is strictly prohibited. Students found guilty of this are liable for severe punishment including dismissal from the Institute / Hostel. The matter will be referred to the police, as the Government has declared ragging a criminal offence.
- Any student found responsible for any damage to the Institute properties (fittings, furniture and equipments etc.) will be punished severely and the cost of damages along with the fine will be recovered from the students. The Institute reserves the right to expel such students.
- Students are strictly forbidden from organizing or attending any unauthorised meeting in the Institute, or collecting money for any purpose without the prior written permission of the Principal.
- Organised absence from classes and instigating the students to remain absent or to go on strike is a serious breach of discipline and may result in expulsion from the Institute
- No student shall take part in any anti-social or subversive activities. No student shall be a member of any organization or association not connected with the Institute, without the prior written permission of the Principal.
- Students are forbidden from organizing Unions or Associations based on caste, colour, creed, language, nationality or political ideology within the campus.
- Students should conduct themselves at all times in a fitting manner so as to bring credit to themselves and to the Institute.
- Students should observe the safety regulations in the workshop and laboratories.
- Students should take care of tools, apparatus or other equipment given to them and should preserve the cleanliness of the laboratories and the workshop.
- Students should avail themselves of all opportunities to acquire engineering knowledge and skills during their period of study.
- Students should strive hard and spare no effort to maintain peace in the campus.In matters of academic discipline, the decision of the Principal / Secretary-cum-Managing Trustee will be final.